Our quaint heritage-listed theatre in the heart of Alice Springs is available for hire for community events, touring productions, film screenings and rehearsals.
The 88 seat performance space contains a stage and permanently installed raked seating.
Please note it is not appropriate for parties or convention style events.
Our hiring fees are structured around how you would like to use our venue.
PERFORMANCE – This package is designed for hirers who intend to use the venue as a stage with an audience for a theatrical performance or concert.
- Use of the full theatre including stage, foyer and courtyard, auditorium, toilets and dressing room.
- Use of the technical equipment in the theatre – including lighting and sound.
(It may also include use of other equipment which will incur an additional cost, please refer to Technical Equipment.)
For Profit Organisation Per hour $90 / 1 day hire $420 / 1 week hire $2300
Not For Profit Organisation Per hour $50 / 1 day hire $320 / 1 week hire $1800
THEATRE HIRE – WORKSHOP/REHEARSAL – This package is designed for hirers who do not require use of the theatre’s specialised technical equipment.
- Use of overhead fluorescent lights (working lights).
- Use of the foyer and courtyard, auditorium, stage and toilets and basic PA system for audio of a laptop or digital device.
Does NOT include:
- Access to the dressing room (unless arranged prior with the Alice Springs Theatre Group).
- Theatre lighting or audio
- Please note there is no food or drink allowed to be consumed on the stage.
For Profit Organisation Per hour $70 / 1 day hire $350 / 1 week hire $2000
Not For Profit Organisation Per hour $40 / 1 day hire $220 / 1 week hire $1400
THEATRE HIRE – COURTYARD ONLY – This package is designed for hirers who do not need access to the Totem Theatre auditorium and are looking for a venue that can accommodate an outdoor gig or private function (for up to 80 people).
- Use of the foyer and courtyard including cafe style outdoor tables and chairs, toilets and basic PA system for audio of a laptop or digital device. (NOTE: we do not have chairs and table for a ‘sit-down’ dinner arrangement.)
- Use of outdoor stage lighting if required.
- Use of limited audio tech.
This hire does include use of storage facilities on the Totem property.
Please note: Totem Theatre cannot provide catering and does not have a catering kitchen (ie. stove, oven or microwave). If you are using the bar to SELL alcohol, this will require further negotiation with the Committee, as you will fall strictly under our licensing conditions. If serving alcohol at a private function with no cost, then no license is required.
For Profit Organisation Per hour $60 / 1 day hire $240
Not For Profit Organisation Per hour $40 / 1 day hire $180
To book the theatre please contact us or email the Hires Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org with an outline of what your needs are.